The following Code of Conduct is obligatory for the professional, efficient and honorable operation of the Freight Global Network. Non-compliance or disregard for the following rules will result in disciplinary action:
1. All Members must respect the nature of confidentiality involved in all client/business relationships.
2. FGN Members must respond to all sales lead requests and communications within 24 hours.
3. All payment terms must be agreed mutually between the relevant Members, prior to acceptance of the consignment.
4. FGN cannot be held responsible and does not accept any financial liability for commercial and/or financial obligations that are not met by (a) FGN member(s).
5. Members may leave FGN at any time. Fees will not be refunded.
6. Members are to agree to exchange only nett charges and rates.
7. In the event of expulsion, due to non-compliance with the FGN Code of Conduct, fees will not be refunded.
8. Members must refrain from using the FGN logo once membership is terminated.
9. All new members are subject to a provisional period of 12 months free membership in order for FGN Management to gauge their dedication to the FGN network. From second year of membership will be charged USD 500/- per year.
10. All members must specify whether they can offer a full range of services (including air and sea freight as well as customs clearance) or whether they specialize in just one.
11. All FGN Members must attend a Member Meeting within the first year of joining (unless exceptional circumstances prevail and with prior agreement from the FGN Director). From the second year of membership, one year’s grace will be given. However, failure to attend two successive Member Meetings will result in expulsion.
12. If a member is deemed to have defaulted on a payment to a fellow member, the FGN Director reserves the right to notify all members using the FGN Credit Alert System.
13. FGN members are obliged to offer all fresh business to their fellow partners within one year of joining and must actively support their fellow members in all domains to generate new business mutually.
14. FGN members must not be actively associated with, any company, group, association or organisation which is deemed by FGN management, to be in competition with FGN and/or its members.
15. The FGN management reserve the right to expel a member(s) if it feels that the company is not reciprocating business with FGN members/and or working within the spirit of FGN.
16. Within FGN, members cannot promote offices in countries where they do not have official FGN Membership.
17. FGN Membership will be terminated under the following conditions: – The FGN Global Office believes the member is not able to fully offer a service that is satisfactory to other members – The member has stated they can provide services which they cannot fulfill – FGN Global Office receives a notice of resignation – The member does not adhere to this Code of Conduct – The FGN Managing Director has the authority to terminate membership at her discretion.
18. The FGN Annual Membership Fee must be made in USD within the deadline illustrated on the invoice. Late payments will also be subject to a USD penalty. If full payment (inclusive of any supplement/penalty) are not then received after 5 days, the member will automatically be excluded.
19. Participation in the FGN Quality Control Survey is mandatory and your submission must be provided within the date assigned and the guidelines provided.
20. The FGN Director may add to the FGN Code of Conduct at any time.
21. By submitting company news, photos, logos or press releases to the FGN Global Office, implicit permission is automatically given for the FGN Global Office to use the material in group promotion, website and newsletter use is granted.
22. Governing Law:
– The Membership Rules, Code of Conduct, your use of the website www.freightglobal.com and any other information are governed by the Laws of India.
– By using www.freightglobal.com you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
– You irrevocably agree that the courts of India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with the Membership Rules, Code of Conduct, your use of the website www.freightglobal.com and any other information.